Easy Mayo: How to Make Mayonnaise with an Immersion Blender
By: Kayla Brown
You’ve probably been buying your mayo in the grocery store for years – but once you make homemade mayonnaise, there is nothing better. Homemade mayo is great not only because it tastes better, but also because it’s healthier than store-bought mayo.
Plus, you can make it with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen! Simply combine egg yolks, lemon juice, and oil with the Swiss Diamond Jet Mix Immersion Blender for creamy and delicious mayo – without the added sodium, sugar and fats.
Makes 1 cup
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup olive, canola or any other oil
- Combine the yolks and lemon juice into a cup or mixing bowl
- Pulse with the Jet Mix a few times to break up the yolks and lemon juice mixture
- Add ½ cup of the oil, pulse to blend completely before adding the next
- Gradually pour in the rest of the oil, pulsing as needed to thoroughly combine
- Add as much oil as needed to reach the consistency you prefer
- Store the mayo into an airtight container or caning jar. Mayo will keep for approximately 1 week in the refrigerator, but is best consumed within a few days
*Notes: The more oil you add, the thicker the mayonnaise will be. If the mayo becomes too thick, you can thin it out by blending 1 teaspoon of water in at a time until you’ve reached your desired consistency. Add ½ teaspoon of dry mustard and a ½ teaspoon of salt for a more seasoned taste.Back to News & Announcements