Easy Baked Kale Chips
Kale is a super-food. If you are looking for the most super food of them all, skip over the avocado and grab a head of kale. Ranking 1000/1000 on the ANDI Scale (a scale that measures food by nutritional qualities) kale is a great source of vitamins as well as a proven anti-inflammatory. We know sometimes kale can taste a bit “earthy” but this recipe for kale chips will change your mind about kale forever.
Prep Time: 10 Minutess
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 Bunch of kale chopped (make sure the leaves are as dry as you can getting them after washing them)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese (Can use less based on preference)
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and allow to come to room temperature for a half hour. (You can also microwave it on the defrost setting for a couple minutes, but keep an eye on it if you go this route so you don’t dry the edges)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl combine the first 5 ingredients (through garlic powder)
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the kale mixture out evenly and dehydrate for 2 hours in the oven, flipping once halfway through.
- Once dry and crispy, take out of the oven and spring with salt and pepper.
Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container for up to a week.