The crisp cut of the lime and mango pair perfectly with the soft and sweet of the grilled watermelon. Add a little mint and salt to jazz up the salad, and you've got the perfect end-of-summer treat. This dish is easily made with our XD or HD Grill Pan! Our Grill Pans are made with a diamond-reinforced nostick coating that allows for a super quick clean-up! Spend more time enjoying the weather with family and less time washing dishes with our XD or HD Grill Pan.
Lime Mango Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ Cup canola oil
- ½ Cup ripe mango, chopped
- ¼ Cup lime juice
- ¼ Cup dry sake (optional)
- 3 lbs. seedless watermelon, peel left on, cut into 1" thick slabs
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 Cup cornbread, 1" cubed
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 8 fresh mint leaves, shredded
- ½ Cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 Serrano chile, sliced into rings
- ½ Cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- Black pepper
- ½ Cup ricotta cheese
For the dressing:
Put all of the ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl. Blend with Jet Mix blender until smooth. It should make around 1 cup of dressing.
For the salad:
- Heat an XD grill pan to medium-high heat. Drizzle a very light amount of oil onto the watermelon slices and place them onto the grill pan.
- Char each side of the watermelon (about 2 minutes). Place onto a plate and salt.
- Cut off the rind and dice the watermelon into cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Toss the pumpkin seeds with the cayenne, sugar and 2 tsp oil and place on a small baking sheet. Roast for 6 to 10 minutes, until golden.
- Brush cornbread with butter and place on a baking sheet. Put in the oven along with the pumpkin seeds and bake for 10 minutes, turning halfway with spatula. Remove from the oven when the bread is golden.
- Toss the watermelon, mint, dates, and chile in the bowl with ¼ cup Lime Mango Dressing (reserve remaining dressing for another use). Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the cornbread croutons and toss very gently to combine without breaking the croutons.
- Spoon the salad onto a large platter and garnish with the pumpkin seeds and cheese.