Spanna Crab Speck and Pea Lasagna
You’ve had lasagna, but have you had lasagna with smoked prosciutto and peas? Here Chef Luca Ciano uses our XD Nonstick Sauté Pan to create a refreshing take on a family dinner classic.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 375g (1 lb) ‘Chef Luca Ciano’ fresh lasagna sheets
- 200g (½ lb) crabmeat
- 100g (1/4 lb) speck, thinly sliced
- 1 jar ‘Chef Luca Ciano’ Creamy Tomato + Smoked Paprika Pasta Sauce
- 200g (7 0z) peas
- 50ml (1/4 Cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 50g (1/3 Cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- salt & pepper
- 1.2L (4.25 Cup) milk
- 70g (5.5 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 75g (a little less than ⅔ Cup) all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- To make the béchamel sauce, heat milk in our XD Nonstick Sauce Pan on medium until it’s almost boiling. Then use our XD Nonstick Sauté Pan to melt the butter on medium-high heat. Add the flour and wisk for 2 - 3 min or until it starts to bubble. Gradually add in the hot milk, continuing to wisk constantly until combined. Simmer until sauce bubbles and thickens, roughly 5 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, add a little oil and cook the speck lightly for 2 - 3 min, then take the speck out of the pan placing it into a large bowl. Add oil to the pan again and cook the crabmeat for 2 min, seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove the crab from the pan and add into the bowl with the speck.
- Grease your lasagna tray with a pat of butter
- Spread 1/2 cup of béchamel sauce over base of an 8-cup capacity baking dish. Top with a sheet of lasagna and a layer of Creamy Tomato & Smoked Paprika Pasta Sauce and a little more béchamel, sprinkle with speck, crabmeat and peas. Repeat layers four to five times.
- Bake the lasagna for 30 - 40 mins until it’s bubbling and golden. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving