Spanna Crab Speck and Pea Lasagna
You’ve had lasagna, but have you had lasagna with smoked prosciutto and peas? Here Chef Luca Ciano uses our XD Nonstick Sauté Pan to create a refreshing take on a family dinner classic.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0-40 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 375g ‘Chef Luca Ciano’ fresh lasagna sheets
- 200g crab meat
- 100g speck, thinly sliced
- 1 jar ‘Chef Luca Ciano’ Creamy Tomato + Smoked Paprika Pasta Sauce
- 200g peas
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50g unsalted butter, room temperature
- salt & pepper
- 1.2l milk
- 70g unsalted butter
- 75g plain flour
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- To make the béchamel sauce, heat milk in our XD Nonstick Sauce Pan on medium until it’s almost boiling. Then use our XD Nonstick Sauté Pan to melt the unsalted butter on high heat. Add the flour and whisk for 2-3 min or until it starts to bubble. Gradually add in the hot milk, continuing to whisk constantly, until combined. Simmer until sauce bubbles and thickens, roughly for 5 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, add a little oil and cook the speck lightly for 2-3 min, then take the speck out of the pan, placing it into a large bowl. Add oil to the pan again and cook the crab meat for 2min, seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove the crab from the pan and add into the bowl with the speck.
- Grease your lasagna tray with a pad of room temperature butter
- Spread 1/2 cup of béchamel sauce over base of an 8 cup-capacity baking dish. Top with a sheet of lasagna and a layer of Creamy Tomato + Smoked paprika pasta sauce and a little more béchamel, sprinkle with speck, crab meat, and peas. Repeat layers four to five times.
- Bake the lasagna for 30-40 mins, until it’s bubbling and golden. Allow it to rest for 5 min before serving