A lot of people thing Gnocchi is a difficult pasta to make, but it's not! This recipe can be made in less than an hour including all prep work. We love this recipe because while it is a pasta dish, it has many added nutrients from the spinach in the gnocchi like Vitamin C and Iron! We hope you enjoy this recipe, and if it's your first time making Gnocchi, have fun with it!
- 1 lb potatoes
- ½ Cup spinach, stems removed
- 1 egg
- 1¼ Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- ¼ Cup Parmesan
- 2 tsp Greek yogurt or cream cheese
- Peel and boil the potatoes in a large Swiss Diamond Stock Pot. Make sure potatoes are fully cooked through.
- Pour the water from potatoes over the spinach to wilt.
- Drain both potatoes and spinach. Place spinach on paper towel or dish towel and squeeze to dry out.
- Chop spinach and mix in potatoes (mash potatoes for an easier mixing)
- Allow mixture to cool (this is important!), then add all remaining ingredients.
- Flour a work surface (liberally) and place large spoonfuls on the surface. Roll into a log shape, then cut off chunks and roll into balls. You can also use the fork technique.
- Boil water in a shallow pan, like the XD Saute Pan and add a few of the gnocchi at a time.
- When the gnocchi rise to the top of the water remove with a slotted spoon. Place gnocchi in a boil that has been oiled. Repeat until all gnocchi are cooked.
- You can serve with a slight drizzle of olive oil or pesto! Check out our Spinach Pesto recipe if you need more spinach in your life.
If you're gnocchi feels too sticky, add in a little more flour. This will help keep the gnocchi firm when cooking!