The Juicy Lucy
The Juicy Lucy, a burger with the cheese stuffed inside the patty is one of Minneapolis’ most iconic foods, and Swiss Diamond’s XD Nonstick Double Burner Griddle helps you beat the heat this May by letting you grill them right in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 15-20% fat content recommended
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces of sliced extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 potato bread buns split, buttered
- Preheat your Swiss Diamond XD Nonstick Double Burner Griddle medium heat.
- Combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, and spices in a large bowl and combine the mixture thoroughly.
- Form 8 patties from the beef, with each patty being slightly larger than the cheese.
- Put the cheese on top of 4 of the patties, then top them with the remaining 4 patties and pinch around the edges to.
- Cook burgers until they begin to form a nice crust, about 4 minutes. Then flip them and use a toothpick to poke the top of each patty to allow steam to escape
- Place your buns on the griddle to lightly toast them and grill the patties until they are cooked through, roughly 4 minutes.