The Juicy Lucy
The Juicy Lucy, a burger with the cheese stuffed inside the patty is one of Minneapolis’ most iconic foods, and Swiss Diamond’s XD Nonstick Double Burner Griddle helps you beat the heat this May by letting you grill them right in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1½ lbs ground beef, 80/20 recommended
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp garlic salt
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 potato bread buns split, buttered
- Preheat your Swiss Diamond XD Nonstick Double Burner Griddle to medium heat.
- Combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce and all spices in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form 8 patties slightly larger in diameter than a slice of the cheese.
- Put cheese on top of 4 of the patties then top them with the remaining 4 patties and pinch around the edges to seal.
- Cook burgers until they begin to form a nice crust, about 4 minutes. Then flip and use a toothpick to poke the top of each patty to allow steam to escape.
- Place your buns on the griddle to lightly toast them, and grill the patties until they are cooked through, roughly 4 minutes.
- Serve your Juicy Lucy with your favorite toppings!