Do you really need an excuse to enjoy a delicious cinnamon roll? We make these in our 11x11 grill pans to ensure they don't stick during baking! We also add a special ingredient, almond extract! It makes these cinnamon rolls unique and a sure-fire favorite for all.
• 1 package of active dry yeast
• 1 cup of almond milk, or milk of your choice – warmed
• ½ sugar
• 1/3 cup margarine, or butter of your choice melted.
• 2 room temp eggs
• 4 cups of all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
• ¼ cup of margarine, or butter of your choice
• ¾ cup packed brown sugar.
• ½ cup margarine or butter of your choice softened.
• ¼ cup of cream cheese (2 oz)
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon almond extract
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
Mix your sugar and cinnamon. Punch down your dough (after it has risen for an hour.) Divide the dough in half, and roll one half out into a rectangle. Brush with melted margarine or butter, then sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly on the rectangle. Don’t go all the way to the edge with the mixture. Roll up dough, and starting with the long side pinch the seam to seal it up.
Cut the dough into 8 slices, you should end up with round swirls. Place in a square grill pan or glass pan, cut side down.
Repeat with remaining dough and filling, use another pan. Let rise in a warm place for another hour. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.