Swiss Diamond Technology
Here at the Swiss Diamond laboratory in Sierre, Switzerland, our engineers have developed a method of combining real diamond crystals with a high quality non-stick composite for superior cookware performance. For this unique technology, the Swiss Diamond coating received a Gold Medal at the 1999 International Exhibition of Inventors.
Combined with a technologically advanced production process, a commitment to green manufacturing and a unique approach to induction cookware, this innovation puts Swiss Diamond at the top of the industry.
The most crucial advantage of Swiss Diamond cookware is our premium non stick coating. Made of the highest quality nonstick components and reinforced with real diamond crystals, it has been shown in lab tests to outperform and outlast the competition:
The Swiss Diamond nonstick coating has been named the best nonstick cookware for the past three years in a row by the leading U.S. consumer organization and is also ranked #1 in both Australia and New Zealand.
Swiss Diamond® cookware is made of pressure-cast aluminum for uniform heat distribution with no hot spots. It is guaranteed not to warp. Each piece has a perfectly flat base for use on any ceramic, gas or electric cooktop. (Induction series also available.)
The ergonomically-designed handles are well balanced and temperature safe up to 260°C (500°F), allowing you to finish cooking in the oven. Sturdy tempered glass lids feature an adjustable steam vent for advanced moisture control and are also oven-safe.
HIGH-TECH PRODUCTION PROCESS
Swiss Diamond products are manufactured exclusively in Sierre, Switzerland. The production process for a Swiss Diamond product is quite complex:
- Aluminum is melted on-site and is then cast into suitable forms. This is the first and most crucial advantage of Swiss diamond products: other cookware is often spun or stamped into shape, allowing the metal to warp under high heat. The pressure-cast aluminum process used for Swiss Diamond cookware prevents warping for the lifetime of the product – even if it is taken directly off the stove and placed under cold running water. Cast aluminum also distributes heat evenly, preventing hot spots.
- The molten aluminum is pressurized to remove bubbles and ensure proper filling of the molds. Each Swiss Diamond product is covered with a Limited Lifetime Warranty covering manufacturing defects.
- To prepare the aluminum body for the coating and to ensure improved adhesion, the interior is sandblasted.
- After sandblasting, a diamond surface layer is plasma-deposited on the interior of the cookware. This prevents contact of the aluminum with food even if the nonstick coating is damaged.
- The actual coating process utilizes a specially developed robot to give each Swiss Diamond product three solid layers of nonstick coating. The patented coating, reinforced with real diamond crystals, provides a lifetime of superior performance. The coating is manufactured completely without PFOA for safety.
- The pan’s bottom is accurately trimmed. Combined with the cast aluminum construction that prevents warping, the perfectly flat base ensures that your cookware will never spin or become unstable on the cooktop.
- In a final step, the handles are attached. Our unique method uses threaded handles on exterior bolsters rather than rivets, to prevent food build-up inside the pan that leads to bacterial growth.
- The finished Swiss Diamond cookware is now ready to be shipped to chefs and cooks around the world!
Swiss Diamond employee cleaning the cast aluminum mold.
Swiss Diamond is committed to green manufacturing practices. The factory is powered by 100% hydroelectric power from the Swiss Alps, and the production process is free of PFOA from start to finish. An undrinkable water source is used to supply the cooling system and coating lines, and water used in the coating lines is recycled.
All products are made with recyclable aluminum; irregular items and scrap leftovers from the factory are recycled within the production process. Furnaces are powered by natural gas, and the factory runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure that furnaces are fully utilized.
The production of our nonstick coating is also environmentally friendly. We do not use a pre-fabricated base. Instead, we manufacture the coating material in-house, importing each component to our Swiss factory and mixing it ourselves. This reduces transportation emissions, packaging and associated environmental impact needed to supply us with the finished goods. Coating materials leftovers are disposed in a special 3rd party facility to separate the components and minimize environmental impact.
HIGH-TECH INDUCTION COOKWARE
Swiss Diamond uses a unique process to make our cookware suitable for induction stoves. Instead of embedding a magnetic core, which makes disruptive buzzing sounds when the cookware is heated, we infuse a ferromagnatic base onto the cookware – guaranteeing it will never buzz.